Starting July 2018, Google Chrome started to highlight all the HTTP sites as ‘not secure’. The revelation was done by Chrome security product manager Emily Schechter on a blog post about website SSL security move from http to https quite some time ago. Right now in the new chrome version 68, the browser will warn the user with extra notifications in the address bar. Chrome marks HTTPS site with a green lock icon and “Secure” as text.
This means if your website doesn’t have an SSL certificate, chrome will display a ‘Not Secure’ in the URL bar.
Or you may even this is big grey page with a rather disturbing not secure message which will impact your credibility and you will loose website visitors because you forgot to install an ssl certificate on your domain.
What’s this fuss over SSL certificate installation and how does HTTPS help?
- It ensures that information is encrypted. When you connect to a server using HTTPs, the “s” stands for secure your HTTP request is using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL is a protocol used to secure communications between a client and server. Essentially SSL means using encryption to keep eavesdroppers / hackers from plugging into your conversation.
- Everyone wants to be clear of cyber criminals and thats where SSL installation on the website helps. It is among the most potent precautions against hackers and cyber criminals.
- A better ranking on Google Search engine results. When you site has this SSL certificate, Google will index the site as a secure site and may witness higher SEO ranking. Google had announced a few years ago that it will consider “HTTPS as a ranking signal”, this would mean that they are giving SEO ranking benefits to those websites who have an SSL certificate.
- Adds to your website and business credibility. An SSL shows you care about your website visitors and is a critical part of website maintenance now. The major advantage of SSL/TLS Certificates is that it showcases Authenticity, Confidentiality, and Protection.
- Users automatically assume the are in a secure website when they see that ‘Secure’ sign in the address bar. People have fewer concerns making payments through when they see that the website is SSL enabled.
Go from HTTP to HTTPS without any worries. Contact our Website Maintenance team now!.
Buying an SSL certificate for your website need not be a cumbersome process and we are here to help you buy your SSL certificate and install the ssl certificate on your website. The prices for SSL purchase and installation start at as low as Rs. 1500 per website. To update your website to https contact our SSL installation team now!
Without SSL, Users will be redirected to the extra notification bar, which will decrease your website traffic as users will have difficulty trusting your website. Go install your SSL certificate today if you don’t have one now.
Now If you don’t know how to do it, our website maintenance contract teams will be hap to do it for you. As an Search Engine Optimisation company we also ensure that your url redirection’s are done from http to https so your website visitors have nothing to worry about.
Call our team to Install your website SSL certificate immediately!